Thursday 22 March 2012

ipad sleeping bag

after i received this book for my birthday from some ever-so-thoughtful girlfriends i have been thinking non-stop about all the things i wish to make from it, and this just happened to be the first. i have a cover for my mac book, (which these days rarely leaves the house given that i have a more compact version in my ipad) i figured i'd make myself a pretty cover for my ipad.


seeing the ipad is a lot more compact than the measurements supplied by the book, i had to measure it, and only ended up buying 1/2 metre of each printed fabric. i went with green seeing as i have a green screen protector. my lovely sister supplied me with the cotton wadding as she had some left over from a project she made earlier this year.



first, i measured and cut the fabric and wadding, and sandwiched them together.

then i sewed lots and lots of rows of straight stitching to get the quilted effect. (this took forever! and i was lazy and only loosely measured the lines so they look a little more 'rustic')



then i sewed the bias binding around the edge, and added the trim. and hand stitched the press studs onto the inside.


 

voila! i am really pleased with how it turned out. and love the colours!

(please excuse the fuzzy photos, i took them on my phone and didn't fix them up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment