Sunday 5 February 2012

birthday love

my birthday has now officially been and gone for another year and despite having a fairly shaky start to the week involving a midnight trip to the emergency room with a gastro-ridden Ben, a sleepy day off work and a few long days following, when it finally arrived it was an enjoyable day (or 3 days!).


cake anyone? yep i'm wearing minnie mouse ears, thanks chlo!

celebrations began on friday night with a severely over-catered dinner at my parents house, and i was blessed to have an old friend and her husband visiting from sydney for the week. there was mexican on the menu followed by a hummingbird cake that i made during the afternoon (it was delicious). ben got me some beautiful orange shoes which i am so pleased to introduce to the rest of my shoe collection!

ben brought me my current favourite breakfast in bed, fruit salad and greek yoghurt.

mmm breakfast!

we started puppy school with henry on saturday morning which was enjoyable, we learned a lot, henry got to showcase both his annoying self and his beautiful well-behaved self and we quickly realised just how much work we need to do to convince him to listen to us! at least he wasn't the naughtiest puppy there!

the boys before training. too cute!

mum and dad and my sydney friends visited for lunch and then i had a little nap before getting ready for a night out at the royal. i tried nail foils for the first time and have to say i am more than impressed with the results! i was thoroughly spoiled by my friends that came out to celebrate with me, and my girlfriends got me the most incredible present! queen of crafts book, a tool box with little compartments to sort out my bits and pieces. i also got spotlight gift cards and have already started compiling my shopping list, shame i am away for work all week and can't get to the store till saturday.

 the cotton pad had a heart shape on it after i took of my pink polish
how cool?

i took a few more instax photos to add to my photo boards which are slowly filling up, and look fantastic.

all in all, turning 27 was pretty cool! my favourite part was getting to catch up with all my friends who came out to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment