Friday 3 February 2012

my favourite things - fitness edition

i have decided to make my favourite things another regular feature on my blog, and given that i work in the health and fitness industry it feels fitting to write about my favourite fitness related things.

nike free runners.
years ago, when i first began running, i used to suffer from some pretty good pain in my calves and ankles, it was really frustrating because i do love running and like to go fairly intermittently rather than letting my body get used to it and building up like i probably should. since i purchased these shoes on eastbay i rarely experience any pain after running. they are so light and well made, i like to say they're socks with a sole! 



lululemon.
there is not one item of lululemon clothing that i do not like, everything i have ever bought (and i have bought a lot!) fits like a glove, is made of extremely high quality fabrics and make you look and feel amazing! my two ultimate faves are my wunder under pants (both full length and cropped) and this no limit tank. going into that store is extremely dangerous for my bank account so i try to stay away as much as possible!



nike training club iphone app.
this app has literally changed my life! having been a personal trainer for a good 5 years i became very lazy about my own training. this app does it all for me and its free! i cannot tell enough people about it and i've hardly used an iphone app more than this one! words cannot describe my love for it so i highly recommend canceling your personal training appointments and downloading this app instead (totally kidding your trainer is still important!).



timex heart rate monitor watch.
i have had this watch for around 5 or 6 years and i love love love it! the heart rate monitor is great for when you want to push yourself that little bit harder and its nice and delicate. i also like that its digital and easy to read for when i am doing intervals or sprints and it has a cool really bright light!



aluminium water bottle.
i am fussy about water bottles. once it took me about 6 months and 5 bottle purchases before i found the right one. i tried all types, sipper top, plastic, bpa free, aluminium. i always find something wrong with them! i received my water bottle as a gift and yes it has a wide mouth making me spill water on myself when i'm rushing, and yes the paint is chipping and its a little dented but i love it. i take it everywhere.



so there you have it, my favourite fitness things. 


photos courtesy of lululemon, eastbay, and google images

No comments:

Post a Comment