Thursday 5 January 2012

thoughts this thursday

its been an interesting week this first week of january, it began with a luau for new years, a few lazy meals from maccas, an insanely fun music festival and a little operation followed by lots of nursing for my henry (poor guy got the snip and proceeded to make me feel insanely guilty about it for a good 24 hours). as for thursday i thought i'd post about a few of my favourite moments from this first week of the new year.

luau. we had my siblings and their partners and a few friends over for a low-key party on new years eve which included board games, jelly shots and lots of leys and grass skirts (supplied by my dear friend nicole). 

making the punch

fun with sparklers

festival. summadayze was on tuesday, a strange day for a festival given that most of perth was heading back to work. the day was excellent, snoop dogg was hilariously fun and ben had been waiting about 6 years to see the french dj duo justice who put on an amazing show. the day was topped off by the two of us managing to just get on the last bus home and avoid hefty cab fares. the only unpleasant part of the day was the insane amount of dirt that we were covered in afterwards (see below...).

 yep i wore lipstick, all day

dirty legs and shoes on the bus home

pan am. i feel like i am a little late on the uptake with this show but i must say i am thoroughly enjoying it. from the early 60's fashion and beauty, the eloquence and poise of the women from that era, and also the political incorrectness. i find it similar to mad men with a little more drama and a much younger cast (all of whom are remarkably good looking!).

picture courtesy of imdb.com


diy projects. after getting a sewing machine as a christmas present i have been finding myself overwhelmingly inspired by the wide array of diy blogs and photos on pinterest. i have been non-stop trawling the web and saving pages and photos onto my ipad. i even searched through my old clothes for things to alter and went to my local salvo's store and picked up a few bargains to jazz up my outfits. my favourite project at this stage is definitely my glitter oxfords. ben bought me these shoes a while back and i have only worn them a handful of times. i feel like they'll be back on a pretty steady rotation now.


see? awesome hey! 

my latest diy project... stay tuned to find out what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment